Automated Weather Observation System
The NAVCANmet AWOS offers significant improvements in data quality and data assurance. Using a robust suite of weather sensors and optional weather cameras, this advanced AWOS collects and verifies data which is then automatically formatted into METAR and SPECI weather reports.
The system also complies with aviation weather observation and forecasting standards in accordance with the exemption to Canadian Aviation Regulations (CAR) 804.01(c), the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
Industry leading technology from Coastal Environmental Systems and Vaisala is incorporated into our AWOS to enable seamless integration with other NAVCANmet products.
- Ice-free Wind sensor
- Visibility and Present Weather sensor
- Ice Accretion sensor
- Temperature and Relative Humidity sensor
- Tipping bucket rain gauge with wind shield
- Field Data Collection Unit
- Data Processing Unit
- VHF voice broadcast (optional)
- Weather cameras (optional)